Culture & Benefits
Characters welcome, don’t leave your personality at home…
We’re a firm with real entrepreneurial drive and we don’t believe in hiring clones, or squashing people’s individuality. We want you to use your unique talents and experiences to help the firm grow. You can only do that by being yourself. And working closely and collaboratively with people throughout the firm. That’s why we foster a culture that encourages you to be yourself.
“It’s nice to feel that I can be myself at work. Everyone is very friendly and it’s not such a big firm that you feel anonymous.”
Louise Sivey, Trainee
Our class-leading flexible benefit offering allows you to tailor your package to suit you and your lifestyle.
- 25 days
- Increases with service
- Option to buy or sell 3 days a year
- Enhanced maternity and paternity cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Available at discounted rates including:
- Dental cover
- Travel insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate gym discounts
Season ticket loan
- Contribution matched up to the value of 7%
- Free health insurance
- Free local GP consultations
- Free wellman & wellwoman clinics
- Free eye tests
Vouchers and discount cards
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Corporate Tastecards for you and your friends
Recruitment Referral Bonus
When you become eligible for these benefits varies. Most start when you join, or after your probation. We’ll fill you in on the details when you join.
*Fieldfisher are a family friendly firm and are committed to supporting parents in finding a balance between their working and caring responsibilities. The offer of enhanced pay in our family policies demonstrates that commitment as well as offering the support that is needed at a very important time. Details of our UK family policies are below as we appreciate that these may be of interest for people looking to start a career with us:
Enhanced maternity/adoption policy
- 26 weeks at full pay plus 13 weeks at statutory maternity pay
Enhanced paternity policy
- Four weeks at full pay
Enhanced Shared Parental Leave (SPL) policy
- Eligible new parents are able to share up to 50 weeks of leave within the first year of a child's birth. We offer 26 weeks of enhanced SPL pay (to be taken within the first six months of the birth) plus 13 weeks of statutory SPL pay.
- Parents of children up to 18 can take up to 18 weeks' unpaid leave per child (to be taken in blocks of one week and no more than four weeks per year per child).
In order to qualify for enhanced pay employees much have been employed by the firm for at least 12 months by the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth. Enhanced pay for maternity, adoption or SPL is subject to a clawback provision should the employee not return to work or leave the firm within a year of returning.